Follow Me on Social Media…
Enter your email address to receive special offers and links to new articles
Find out more…
- Treatment for Pornography: From Disease Model to a Response by Men
- Healthy Sexuality and Sexual Addiction: Two Ideas Worth Exploring
- Inspiration in Treatment: The Rewards of Working as a Therapist in 2013
- Online Counselling or Face to Face Consultations in Sydney, Australia
- Can I see a Medicare Provider for Porn Addiction? Do You Accept Health Insurance?
- Is this Sex Addiction? Questioning ‘Sex Addiction’ in Therapy and Counselling Conversations
- Therapy and Treatment for Gay Mens Depression
- Recovering Your Life After Separation
- What is Bisexuality? And how do I know if I’m Bi?
- Psychoanalysis or Quick Fix: What is the Most Effective Approach to Sex Therapy?
- Help Me, I’m Wasting Time Looking at Pornography!
- Sustainable Psychotherapy: What is Eco Friendly Counselling and Where to find a Green Therapist
- Benefits of Online Counselling for Men who are Gay and Married (to a woman) or Older Men Coming Out
- Help for Men who are Gay and Married to a Woman or Coming Out Later in Life
- What Are The Advantages of Online Relationship Counselling?
- Pornography ‘Addiction’ Therapy: Help to Research Your Own Expert Knowledge
- Gay Men and ‘Sex Addiction’
- Comparing Ourselves to Others and the ‘Normal’ in Therapy
- Risk, Safety and Effectiveness in Internet Based Counselling
- Long Term Counselling or Psychotherapy: Is it Effective?
- Online Counselling vs Face-To-Face Therapy: Not Better or Worse, Just Different
- Men, Anger and the Breakthroughs of Talk Therapy
- Relationship Counselling in London
- Losing Yourself… And Finding Yourself Again!
- Consultations in London in November 2010
Read articles about therapy ….
Category Archives: Addiction
Treatment for Pornography Addiction often focusses on the act of watching pornography and assistance to try to reduce the ‘behaviour’. But if such an approach doesn’t work, what are the alternatives and why don’t we hear more about them? I’ve … Continue reading
I was recently contacted by a student who was writing a paper about ‘sexual addiction’ for a college course on sexuality. As a counsellor and therapist in private practice, I’m not usually in a position to offer so much assistance … Continue reading
As a counsellor and therapist specialising in pornography use problems, these are questions I am asked often. Both men and women contact me seeking help, either for themselves or their partners, around use of pornography and dating websites. Sometimes they … Continue reading
This paper examines the concept of ‘sex addiction’, and its increasing popularity since the emergence of AIDS in gay communities in the 1980s. Adopting narrative therapy’s ethical orientations of decentred yet influential positioning, and being in a ‘lifelong apprenticeship’, the … Continue reading